Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's been 4 years

So even though this Blog only contains 2 posts, I started it 4 1/2 yrs ago....I guess that's what happens when my own ADHD gets the best of me....I begin a Blog, write a few posts.....only publish one....and leave it dormant for over 4 years. Well since I began speaking of William's story over the past few weeks on Facebook, I'm sure I pissed a few people off, so I took the suggestion of my friend to begin Blogging ....again so that I target the people who want to read and know what's going on, maybe help a few along the way, or bring hope to some family dealing with the same type of issues. A few weeks ago when I had my son admitted to the hospital....I made a promise NOT to let him and others who need help fall through the cracks. When I brought WIlliam in, I brought him to a hospital that I WANTED him to be treated at. Even though I KNEW he could seek treatment there.....they told me otherwise, and said the only way he could stay was if the other hospital had NO beds available. Well it turns out the social worker who informed me with this information was WRONG, and because of that, my son stayed in that hospital for 8 days......8 days WASTED. But luckily I was able to get a planned admittance 2 days after his discharge to the initial hospital where he is currently receiving the correct treatment he needs. I am currently starting a facebook support group, and will do what I can to help others in my same situtation of feeling lost and simply not knowing what to do. The mental health system in our country is broken....esp for our children, and we need to do what we can to raise awareness and see that it gets the attention it deserves. Robin Williams should have been a wake up call to many. Our future deserves better treatment.....Mental Challenges SHOULD NOT be considered TABOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment